Sunday, March 2, 2008

About Me

So I've Joined the world of bloggers. Why you say? I'm not entirely sure.

What I've come to realize is that books are like mirrors. We hold them up to our face to look deeply, to try and see who we are. Like mirrors, they rarely display us as we really are, rather our reflection is reversed, distorted and changed.

For most of my life, I've looked at my self through the pages of a book that has the same effect as a convex mirror, my self image compressed and restricted. I see this blog as my mirror, to reflect myself through my own words. As dirty as this mirror may at times seem, hopefully some clarity can come from from it, even if it is only to see my own tarnish as it really is.

I don't claim to be a writer. I'm a generalist and never had great attention to details. Through this I hope to improve, but one really does have to start somewhere, so why not here?

- The Reflected Man

No comments: